Campaign Associate – Declaration for American Democracy
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Declaration for American Democracy (DFAD) Coalition seeks to educate the public on the key issues facing our democracy and grow the grassroots movement for reforms through inspiring people across the country to take action. The 160+ member coalition is made up of groups from good government, civil rights, faith, labor, environmental, and many other important communities, that have come together to put the power of American democracy into the hands of the people – where it belongs.
The Declaration for American Democracy is housed at Public Citizen. Public Citizen is a national, non-partisan, public interest group with more than 500,000 members and supporters. It conducts public education campaigns and advocate before Congress and administrative agencies on issues including money in politics, open government, corporate accountability, financial regulation, consumer protection, access to justice, tax policy, workplace safety, and healthcare.
We are hiring a campaign associate to aid in coalition organizing and outreach, administrative tasks, research projects, campaign/project planning and implementation, and other duties as needed.
The campaign associate will work with the coalition director, digital content creator, field coordinator, as well as coalition partners and Public Citizen staff. The successful candidate will aid the director in coalition administration, including developing processes to streamline coalition engagement, as well as campaign support tasks. This campaign associate will also work with the director and coalition leaders on campaign implementation, copy-editing, small research projects, writing, and other tasks.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for working with people and strong communication skills and emotional intelligence. This position requires an ability to write succinctly and meticulously. It’s a great opportunity to work with an amazing team and move forward policies that could transform our Democracy.
- Work with the director and field coordinator on campaign plan implementation, this includes materials development, outreach to coalition partners, and related tasks.
- Conduct short research projects as needed to create written content for DFAD including, but not limited to, fact sheets, op-eds, memos, and website content.
- Collaborate with the digital content creator to develop compelling infographics.
- Aid the coalition director in administrative management of the coalition, including list-serv and member management and record-keeping.
- Contribute to, and sometimes manage, the organization of events including press conferences, town halls, and educational forums.
- Other duties as needed.
Minimum Requirements Include:
- 1-3 years of experience working on democracy, voting rights, ethics, campaign finance, or other relevant issues
- Experience copy-editing (strong), researching, and writing
- List-serv management
- Ability to work well in a collaborative distributed team
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Creative and collaborative spirit
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail is paramount
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Competitive salary and benefit package. This is a one-year grant contingent position. Below is a list of some of our benefits (please note that some benefits have eligibility requirements).
· Great medical and dental coverage, including full coverage for children
· Three weeks paid vacation for new employees, plus five personal days
· 401K plan with a 5% contribution from PC after one year of employment
· 12 weeks of paid parental leave after one year of employment
· Sabbatical after 10 years of employment
· Student loan reimbursement program
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com or through our website. Please include your last name and the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email and in the filenames of attachments. No phone calls, please.
Public Citizen is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, LGBT candidates are encouraged to apply.